Our school is a growing school which provides education for more than 1.200 students between the ages of 4 and 18 of more than 60 different nationalities. Our teams are made up of over 200 members of staff who mirror our diverse community. Our school campus
lies on the outskirts of the city of Eindhoven, that ranks 3rd as the European city of the future. We are very privileged to have a spacious and well facilitated campus in a park-like setting which is made up of both modern and historical buildings.
Our school is located in a fast growing, high technological area, the Brainport region, which is known for their unparalleled innovative strength and integral and multidisciplinary way of working. The region excels at inventing, developing and integrating the
world’s most complex high tech machines, systems, parts and products.
As individuals, and as a school, we value learning, and believe that everyone must continue to develop and improve. Thus, we are an accredited member of the Council of International Schools, and regularly undertake whole school self-evaluation and review. Currently
we are aligning curriculums and pedagogies across the school, and striving to enhance the use of technologies to develop the co-creativity of our students. While providing an exceptional education for young people, we also support their parents, and invite
the local community to share the international experience. We value bilingual education, and we are committed to sharing our knowledge and experience with other schools in the region.
As our new director you will be expected to move our school forward in line with our core values of creating a caring and challenging learning environment. Developments will focus on our goal to educate and inspire our students to become creative, resilient
and responsible citizens who will thrive and be happy within an ever-changing world.
As a successful candidate you will demonstrate proven leadership, business and management skills. Knowledge, experience and commitment to the IB programmes and an enquiry based learning approach is essential.
Fluency in both spoken and written English is required and a willingness to learn Dutch would be an asset.
As part of a fast growing region, you will have a central role in networking and therefore should demonstrate high-level presentation, negotiation and communication skills, including strategic and diplomatic qualities. As our director you are expected to extend
and enhance the reputation of the ISE locally and globally.
A passion for academic excellence is a must. Our new director will be expected to lead and inspire a team to build on current successes. Equally critical will be an ability to communicate effectively and to collaborate with all stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility
- Maintain a strong relationship with the school stakeholders and align them behind the vision, mission, and strategic plan through clear and inspiring communication
- Help implement the school’s development plan, centered around the school’s guiding statements
- Oversee the total operation of the school within approved policies and budget
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the school’s facilities
- Maintain and develop connections with external stakeholders within the Brainport region
- Be a member of the management team of the wider foundation of which the ISE is a part
- A minimum of 5 years relevant leadership, business and management experience gained in an international educational environment
- A relevant Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Commitment to, and familiarity with, developments in international education
- Collaborative and deeply engaging interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- An effective public speaker, with competency in other public relations duties
- An international mindset
- An excellent command of the English language
- Willingness to gain knowledge of the ISE in the wider context of the Dutch education system
- A challenging and professionally rewarding role within the dynamic international environment of the Brainport; an innovative world renowned technology region
- Appointment on a temporary basis for one year with the prospect of a permanent contract
- Work factor will be 1.0 Full Time Equivalent
- The current Collective Agreement for Teachers (CAO VO) is applicable for this role
- Grading scale takes place in scale 14 (max. € 6.604,-)
- If the suitability proves to be excellent, an individual arrangement can be discussed
- 8% holiday bonus and 7.4% end of year bonus
- Other individual and collective benefits
- Under certain conditions, a scheme can be applied whereby 30% of the salary is provided tax-free for 5 years